Ashton’s passion for food is most apparent and accessible when she’s teaching.
Ashton strives to instruct any student, beginner through advanced, how to feel more confident and skillful in the kitchen by sharing secrets chefs use at home. Classes and topics reflect Ashton’s mission to teach millennial females how to cook and entertain in an approachable and delicious way. Menus stress seasonality and locally sourced ingredients whenever possible and recipes are designed using chef techniques with a home kitchen in mind.
Ashton has taught throughout the United States and Europe establishing a consistent student base in New York, LA and Charleston, SC. Ashton has most notably been recognized with her work at Haven’s Kitchen as part of their opening team in 2009, receiving praise in The New York Times and Food & Wine Magazine.
"Bubbly, kind, and knowledgeable, Ashton constantly surprises us with the breadth of her skills, experience, and ability to make the most hesitant cook feel confident in the kitchen." - Alison Cayne, Owner of Haven's Kitchen
- April 5, Modern Girls Entertain Ninety Acres Cooking School, Peapack, NJ. Please click here or call 908-901-9500 to sign up.
- April 6, Pasta for the New Season Ninety Acres Cooking School, Peapack, NJ. Please click here or call 908-901-9500 to sign up.
- April 26, Tapas for Spring Haven's Kitchen, New York, NY. Please click here or call 212-929-7900 to sign up.
- April 28, To Market! From Greenmarket to Table Haven's Kitchen, New York, NY. Please click here or call 212-929-7900 to sign up.
- May 30, Mastering the Classics: Steak Frites Haven's Kitchen, New York, NY. Please click here or call 212-929-7900 to sign up.
Sample Cooking Classes
All menus are individualized for clients. Dietary restrictions and preferences are discussed before confirming final menu.
To schedule a private class, please connect with Ashton.
Vegetarian Flavors of Provence
French food isn’t all butter and pâté. This class will focus on classic French cooking techniques using market ingredients. Recipes include Ratatouille, Bouillabaisse, Salad Niçoise, Braised Leeks, French Spring Onion Tart and Artichokes Brandade.
M.Y.O.P. (Make Your Own Pizza)
Learn how to make your own pizza from scratch. Begin by making homemade dough and dress with seasonal ingredients. This class teaches the basic techniques of dough making and cooking pizza in a home oven.
Meat is expensive; therefore home-cooks hesitate venturing outside their comfort zone. Get out of the “chicken breast” rut and learn how to cook other cuts of meat easily and effectively. Techniques include butchering a chicken, fileting a fish and debone a pork roast. This class will teach students how to make the perfect Bolognese Sauce, Seared Pork Chops with Apricot Pan Sauce, Pan Seared Whole Chicken with Squash and Poached Fish.