There's a gift for every booze hound in your family, I promise. Check out Wednesday's segment on Fox's Tech Take for gifts this season. Breakdown of items below video.
- Great for someone with little to no brewing experience; does the job for you.
- Little room for error; temperature controlled.
- PicoPaks are made of compostable materials.
- Need to plan ahead for that party: takes about 7 days to fully ferment
- Though a great machine for the beer lover, cost is high
Still have to pay for the packs as well – (average $20/pack)
Fizzics Waytaps - $150
- Great for the party or dinner host; better presentation than serving bottled beer.
- Decent price for a cool at-home gadget.
- Great gift idea for the beer lover or host in your life.
- Almost no cleaning since the bottle/can is inserted and not poured.
- Size: Limited to what you can put in the machine.
- Small servings mean more work for larger parties.
Vitamix Perfect Blend Smart Scale and Recipe App - $99.99
- With over 500 recipes, the app offers recipe exploration and reminds you what you can make.
- Includes foods, dips, soups, beverages, etc.
- Makes measuring easier, especially for sticky ingredients.
- Tracks nutrition and portion control.
- You need a smartphone and the app to use.
- You can’t view nutrition profiles for individual ingredients.
Il Romanzo CO2 Glass Chiller – $399.99
- Fun way to impress your guests and/or customers.
- Great if your wine, beer or other beverage isn’t chilled yet.
- At home use: Fit for someone with a full at-home bar; feeling of exclusivity.
- The device must be fastened to a counter or steady device.
- You need a CO2 tank, so its not the most fitting/attractive device for the home unless you have a place to store.