Yes, believe it or not you can make Chicken Parmesan healthy.
- Tenderizing the chicken flattens the breast, doubly portions and allowing you to eat half.
- Flavorful way of eating chicken breasts aka white meat. I usually don't like chicken breasts.
- Use egg whites instead of whole egg to bread.
- Bread one side only.
- One chicken breast
- 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg white
- tomato sauce (store bought or homemade)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Take chicken breast and place between two pieces of saran wrap on in a large bag. Pound out the chicken or "tenderize" it until flattened, about 1/2". Place egg white in one bowl and bread crumbs and Parmesan together in another. Season both bowls with salt and pepper.
Place chicken (only one side) into the egg white and then the bread crumb mixture. Place the unbreaded side of the chicken on a sprayed or lined sheet pan and top with tomato sauce and slice of mozzarella, bake for 25 minutes.
Eat immediately or store and reheat when ready to eat.